Oct 31, 2019
2019 Halloween in the D
City Plans Fun Halloween Activities for Children and Teens Oct. 31
DivDat, a leading electronic payments company in Detroit, is pleased to announce it is once again helping to bring Halloween back to the children of Detroit as a Gold Sponsor of Halloween in the D filled with family fun activities. With nearly 50 payment kiosks in the Detroit area, DivDat is helping people stay current on their essential bills by providing a safe, convenient and local No-Fee tool to pay in the neighborhoods.
The City of Detroit will bring expanded Halloween activities for kids and their families at police precincts, fire stations and recreation centers. Halloween in the D is back for its second year, building off the success of its inaugural year in 2018. This effort is led by the Department of Neighborhoods.
Join the fun!! See the list of 2019 Halloween activities across the city.
Last year Halloween in the D handed out more than 225,000 pieces of candy, mobilized 250 volunteers, raised over $90,000 in cash and in-kind contributions and hosted more than 20.000 youth during the festivities.
Here’s How You Can Get Involved!
Residents can help with the Halloween Activities by donating candy or volunteering at an event. Donations of individually wrapped candy can be dropped off at any Detroit Police precinct during October.
Here are a number of family-friendly activities:
- Trunk-or-Treat events are planned at 11 Detroit Police precinct on Oct. 31. Residents should contact the Neighborhood Police Officer for their area to volunteer, donate candy, or for more additional details
- Detroit Fire Department will distribute candy at a number of fire stations Oct. 31
- Three parks and Woodward Avenue will take on a haunted look on Oct. 31 from 5 -8 p.m.
- Chandler Park, 12831 Frankfort Street, 48213
- Clark Park, 4301 W. Vernor Hwy., 48209
- Rouge Park, 11701 Burt Road, 48228
- Spirit of Detroit Plaza, 2 Woodward Avenue, 48226
To learn more about this great family-friendly event in Detroit visit: